Saturday 26 April 2014

Dream of having a pet

Will I ever get a dog or a cat? As the years creep by, I become more and more convinced that I will never have a pet. There's so much to think about and take into account like how to have a steady income while still have enough time to devote to your dog. If it's a cat, that isn't such a stressful thought process financially, but it is the loyalty and obedience that dogs have that appeals to me.

I love cats, I volunteered at cats Protection for a while just giving the cats and kittens attention - the best pastime EVER! - I just don't know if I would feel as much companionship, don't cats spend most of their time outside, exploring usually? Maybe it depends on the cat's individual personality, I suppose some won't be that bothered *sigh* I don't know. Both would be so stress relieving for me I believe, I think the pros would largely outweigh the cons.

There are several million pet dogs in the UK, how do people do it?! I don't understand, it is so frustrating. To be fair though, most of the dogs I like are in the pastoral group and they aren't exactly small :/ I do like Pembroke welsh corgis:

 
and shelties :)
 
 
We shall see if a dog comes my way, but in the mean time I will carry on dreaming.

No comments: