Friday 25 April 2014

Depression Awareness Week (26 April - 3 May)

I wanted to make a small, but very important post. On Facebook there are a few mental health pages that I have liked, so they come up on my news feed. I follow:

Mental Health Foundation
PTSD Break The Silence

They are both passionate about raising awareness and fighting the stigma that is mental health, which I will support all the way. I actually did a piece a short while ago for Mental Health Foundation and blogged about it - 'WHY MENTAL HEALTH IS STILL TABOO!!' on Thursday 10 April - so I know they want people to share their stories when able to. Unfortunately, not everyone just accepts your experience, some claim to be able to tell you're lying and things, but people need to say their peace regardless. I won't go into that, I've done that rant before!

Depression Awareness Week is from tomorrow, 26 April til next Saturday, 3 May and it is run by Depression Alliance.
 
Mental Health Foundation would love to hear from people who suffer/have suffered from depression and are brave enough to share their story with others to raise awareness. If you are interested, email them at press@mentalhealth.org.uk :)

No comments: