Friday 4 April 2014

A good step

Mood: Happy!

Gosh I need more sleep *yawwwn* I've been sleeping 9 hours and it isn't enough, I need a bit more. That will sound ridiculous to many, but when I get 11 hours I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go. Sleeping Beauty Syndrome I guess.... wait, now I look really vain...bugger.

Today has most definitely been a good day, in particular for my relationship with my sister :) we went out for lunch together and had a good chat and a real laugh! After a while there, we went to the main library to work - I got a fair bit of revision done, yay! - then went to a couple of shops in town. It was honestly so great, I felt like we were our old selves again. At lunch, she talked to me as a sister - we talked about boys, nights out, fun times - and that doesn't happen too often, it's usually a second mother sort of thing. At least, that's how it feels on my end, I know she doesn't intend to come across that way!

There are certain things I feel like I shouldn't do out of fear of getting judged. Watching tv for example, if I watch any during the day - even though I'm on a break - I look lazy compared to my family members running around me like ants on a mission. Other things like experimenting with colourful makeup, having a lie in i.e. sleep in til after 8am, having a PJ day - aren't I supposed to be allowed this kind of thing on occasion?! Okay, so no one tells me that I cannot do these things and that would be their argument point, but a lot of anxiety I have in my family house is from body language and vocal tone, I rely very heavily on these to look beyond what people are actually saying, but anyway, back on what I got up to today...

We had a good laugh and it felt like one giant leap in the right direction, so I am so happy about that. After stuffing our faces at dinner, my sister, mum and I went to see a Gypsy Jazz group. That might sound like a crazy mix, but it was amazing, they are incredible and soo talented! If you are into that kind of sound, they are called Gypsy Fire! Go check them out :D

We didn't get back til late, hence why I am typing away in bed, trying to make my feet feel less like ice ice baby. All in all, a day worth having for Jess Marie, woo!

What kind of music do you like?

No comments: