Friday 26 September 2014

The poison is awake

Made the mistake of watching this new drama thats on TV, you might have heard of it The Strain *sigh* what made me think Id be able to handle it Ive no idea. Well no, I know why, I didnt look very horror-y for most of the way through I was watching the shows premiere/pilot thing, 1 hour 45 mins! and I had no idea it would be quite zombie-y.

If you dont know the show, its a horror contagion drama that makes infected people act like vampires, feeding off others blood and potentially turning their victims.

They. Look. Terrifying.

Again my fault that I found out, because I turned it off from genuinely feeling like I was going to throw up, but the plot itself I was interested in so I turned to The Mighty Google. Saw some photos. Oops. Up to that point, the scariest thing was a creature something like the mother of dementors with a weird stabby tentacle. Uhhh still feel sick actually

You know how Ive always thought of my mental illness challenges like an ink-like poison dancing and twisting round my brain? Well, tonight it has a little friend, since I feel the same as I would with a usual bad night but with fresh material, if you like.

I need Tom :( one day well get a place together and Ill never (or rarely) have to be in this situation again. Thankfully I have the whole collection of Vicar of Dibley on my laptop and I have my bedside lamp on. Its not too late and no one says I absolutely have to be in bed and asleep by a certain time, if I need to stay up for a bit then I will :)

My sore throat and pathetic, tickly cough are still lingering but I found a packet of orange Strepsils in our medicine cupboard which have been by my side 24/7!

Ive done this many times kept my laptop on playing Vicar of Dibbers on repeat, I fall asleep and my laptop eventually dies off! It might seem excessive, but if it means I can relax and get some sleep then I believe its worth it.

No comments: