Saturday 13 September 2014

The odd flashback still comes along

It may have been almost a decade ago, but the occasional 'flashback' does still reer its ugly head.

They usually aren't actually flashbacks (not anymore), I know what I am seeing was not in the film but are instead images that my fear has twisted over the years. The image is accurate and the male voice.... I can't remember how the voice sounded, but the words alone are enough to send a shockwave through my system.

The shockwave often feels the same, it is as if the fear triggers the wave internally from my skin to my very core. Like my essential organs are experiencing a small but nasty earthquake.

It will never leave me. It has improved and is nothing compared to a couple of years ago, but even so, it will always come back for another visit as if to say in a menacing tone 'You haven't forgotten about me, have you?'.

It will never leave me.

No comments: