Tuesday 2 September 2014

What an upbeat family

I forgot for a while how miserable an atmosphere it is at home.

I've done my best to keep my mood up and this morning went well, I finished some pieces, took photos of them and have completed their descriptions for my online shop. I keep making the same mistake over and over - I guess each time I hope something will change.

I must stop showing my mum what I'm making

It must look like I am just wasting my time on a hobby that will perhaps make a little on-the-side money. She didn't like what I showed her earlier, which is a shame, but I've made a much better piece since then. I'm going to start working on bringing a new design to life, let's see how this goes. My sister likes them though, so at least someone else does.

Don't show family don't show family...

All I can do is drown out the arguing in the house and the 'Have you tried there for a job?' comments from mum. Does anyone else get that?

* * * * *

Talk about a U-Turn, everything and everyone is driving me nuts this afternoon. Noises, barking dogs outside, my sister practicing (she's a classical singer), parents arguing, when my thread won't go through the needle the first 100 attempts, a runny nose..... GAAAAAHHHHHH!

I keep getting tempted to just impulsively open my Etsy shop, but I know it's not ready yet :( soon my dreams are going to be full of singing and dancing bobbins and needles or something.

No comments: