Wednesday 10 September 2014

Agoraphobic + Telephobic = how am I supposed to get by?!

With a little research and plenty of thinking, I've come to the conclusion that I am almost certainly Agoraphobic.

I am still looking up support stuff, like diagnosis and treatment and I came across this:
Speak to your GP if you think you have agoraphobia.
If you're unable to visit your GP in person it should be possible to arrange a telephone consultation.
Slight problem: I'm Telephobic too. Damn it :/

I have been improving, answering the phone more often, but I am still very anxious - from the ringing to the conversation - everything about it makes me shaky. Feel nervous just thinking about it.

My worst problem is that my avoidance of answering the phone aggravates my family - they all get angry with me if I'm the closest but I deliberately ignore the phone ringing. My dad especially, Mr Mind-Over-Matter, I can hardly try to explain to him. He'll shrug me off, telling me to practice Reiki.... I'm serious, or he'll say just breathe deeply and calm down. Oh for god's sake dad, you've no flippin' clue have you, I can't just breathe it away!

Now I'm the one who's aggravated...

I'm getting into an elevated panic now - how am I supposed to live? It's not as simple as facing your fears, I'm not ready for that. I suppose the Telephobia can be tackled very gradually, but I feel pretty useless right now.

Just a hunk of meat, a waste of space :'(

Feeling pretty hungry and would love a cup of tea, but I'm staying in my room while my sister's downstairs. Maybe I feel intimidated because I feel that she judges me. She would dispute that I'm sure, but it's a big point of anxiety for me. Well, she'll be down there all day, but while mum is out I don't think I can handle it. I have a window next to me showing the front of the house, so I will know as soon as mum gets back, then I will go down.

No comments: