Monday 12 May 2014

Medication panic / farewell GP

Definitely time to panic. I have a good couple of months left of meds, but to get to my exams I'll need one last prescription of 2 months. With the last month, I plan to start winding off them and I need the advice from my GP who I've seen every month while I've been at uni.

Finally plucked up the courage to ring to make an appointment with her asap but she's booked up til early June!! AAHHH! I'm moving back home on the 23rd May. Uuuughhh okay :/

I know that I can just register back home again when I move home, but it's a difficult subject to broach with someone you don't know. Hopefully I won't have to do some sort of Dragon's Den style pitch for one last prescription. It's a shame I couldn't see my GP one last time, she was so lovely.

My first appointment with her was over the phone and I started off by explaining my telephobia so I might stumble over my words and stuff. She was so sweet, she said if I could make it to the surgery in 15 minutes she could see me in person then! I cried when I first explained to her how I was feeling and she was very genuine and caring and has been all year.

There are GPs you can turn to for help.

No comments: