Tuesday 24 February 2015

Odd job day

My plan for the day was to stay in for when the broadband dude came over, but it was his very first job after his training and they always show up at 8am for their first job by themselves. Just after 10 and my day's objective is done. Hmmm...

Maybe I could enjoy some pampering time? Or carry on with my cross stitch? OOH I KNOW! I'll do odd jobs that I've been putting off for ages :D

So here's the to do list for today:

Wash my makeup brushes
Wash cross stitch piece(s)
Plan/book train ticket to visit Tom at Easter
Book train ticket to visit best friend on Thursday
Hoover the house
Tidy/organise
Plan what to wear for tomorrow - Kiddy Wednesday

Now, all I need is my laptop to pump out some of my favourite upbeat tunes and I'm good to go!

* * * * *
Don't look at me!
So let's see what I've done so far. I haaave washed my makeup brushes, yay! I've been putting it off for far too long, you should wash them after every use, I know some people who wash them once a week. Actually I don't wear that much makeup anymore, so I think once a week would be okay but I'm ashamed to say it might've been months since I last washed them! Maybe I'll try to wash them once a fortnight - I couldn't go from never remembering to suddenly washing them all the time.


The hoover and I had some fun times in the living room and kitchen and, even though I didn't get to the rest of the house, I'm pleased with what I did. The kitchen looks so much better :) hoorah! I'll do upstairs tomorrow afternoon.

Soooo yep. That's all I did off of my to do list, but I did do other things like cutting it loose with the wii on Just Dance 2 and I played with dad a little on Mario Kart like we used to when I was much younger :) that was a nice mini trip down memory lane! I read my favourite book (The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka) in a bubble bath to warm up, it's been so cold today.

The highlight of my day was definitely washing my makeup brushes because I've been putting it off for so long and finally did them :D

No comments: