Wednesday 13 August 2014

Let's look for a job

Mood: Good

Even though I didn't tick everything off my to do list yesterday, I did 3 of the 4 things so it was still a triumphant day in my book :) I was honest with my sister in that I didn't really want to go on a CV run yesterday afternoon and she proposed that she would come with me to do it today, we would go round the town centre as well as down the road and then she'd take me to a crafty mill place.

A step forward is progress, no matter how little

So! I have just under an hour to get ready including printing off my CV to give out. I don't think many places will take a hard copy, they'll all give me the 'check our website' line, so I'm not sure how many to print out :/ just a handful?

In a good moood today, had a great, long sleep :D woke up well rested and I've just had a massive bowl of fruit for brunch - strawberries, banana and nectarine with some yogurt. Yum yum!

Fruit is the happiest food

I'd better nip off to put on my face :) I will tell you how it goes, fingers crossed I find something.

* * * * *

Okay I would say that was a trip worth taking :)

I had 6 print outs of my CV and gave away 4 - it doesn't sound like much, but nowadays places rarely take hard CV copies and usually just point you in the direction of the website. So I went to a handful of shops for jobs and am actually hopeful of a couple.

To be honest, I only like the sound of one of all the places I looked into, but beggars can't be choosers. If you want to save up money, you have to find it from somewhere right! I might be able to take on 2 jobs, so I've worked out that'll make me a bit - one is a night shift 4 days a week and the other is a saturday job. They both will probably require heavy lifting, so I'd better get on the arm and back exercices!!

No comments: