Sunday 10 August 2014

What to do, what to say..

Mood: Like a bunny with a damp tail

Don't know what's up with me today. Slept alright, miserable stormy weather, but that's clearing up. Spoke to boyfriend for a few minutes before falling asleep last night... I think small talk is the safest place for me with him for a while. No mention of feelings about anything, that always seems to be what gets me in trouble. It makes me feel very vulnerable too.

I'm putting a temporary wall up.


I hate starting all over again after a niggle. I was thinking about it yesterday and we have had a big niggle before, one. Maybe my mistake is in being too open about my emotions and how I feel? If I close up a bit, I don't know what that will do, if it will help or not. Maybe I should just confide in him less. Yeah that sounds right to me, I'll keep more problems to myself instead of offloading on him. It's a little confusing though, don't guys want us to be more upfront about when we're not 'fine'?? Feels like I'm going backwards! I dont want to get into a habit of making small lies because dishonesty grows.

Dishonesty is like an oak tree.
It begins very small.

So if I'm in a bad mood or something's irritated me, what do I say now?! Do I gloss over it completely and constantly say I'm fine? Do I confide in him like I always have? Well, that's obviously not working....

I suppose I need to find some sort of middle ground: don't lie and shrug it off, but don't blurt it all out either. Short and sweet?

No comments: