Tuesday 7 October 2014

First productive day in a while

Feeling: Rushed off my feet, but happy

I need so much tea. I got up pretty early for a doctor's appointment this morning which couldn't have gone better :) the female GP I saw was very kind and sympathetic, which was a big comfort because I felt so sick getting ready to leave the house beforehand!

A lovely GP

I went to talk about my hip problem and the possibility of getting a note to claim benefits. She was really nice and knew that there would be no point in referring me to physio while I can't bear to go out the door. I also brought up how I stopped taking my medication because I can't afford to keep up with them, so she wrote me a sick note so I can claim benefits and with that pay for my medication. She also gave me a new prescription for 2 months worth and I booked an appointment to see her again in a month.

Don't leave the house = little/no exercise = weaker leg muscles and ligaments

A fortnight from now I will have my assessment with Steps 2 Wellbeing, the GP said the challenge is in keeping and maintaining the sessions with them. After I gradually improve, only then can I really get a referral for physio, which I totally understand. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it was all connected, it's so obvious now!

Back on my medication

Since then, I've collected a craft supply order from the delivery office - it came and went while dad and I drove to give Penny back to Woofability - and gone to a Sewing World nearby to buy some new fabric.

Jobcentre Plus visit

Now comes the ugly part of the day :( I have filled in my form for the benefits I need to claim, but the whole process is really intimidating. I've never gone to Jobcentre Plus before and apparently the one closest to me doesn't have very friendly staff. I've been out of the house a fair bit today and I'm proud of that, but I need to do this one last crucial thing.

Only thing that comes first is printing off 52 PAGES! Right, kettle...

No comments: